Sunday, April 10

Getting back to GRACE... Part VI... SMASH!t...

And what a day! What an effort! Fun for all and plenty of tears and cheers!

Meat-Raffles, 50/50's, BOOZE Raffles... Silent auctions... tons of huggin!

WOW!

At the end of it all, once the dust settled... Derrick was in hand with 3680 which was well over what was needed!

I am beside myself.

I beg for a mail list... I get an email list...

"NO" I say... "I want to hand write and mail these... old-school"... list never appears.

This blog does.

IT IS THAT THANK YOU TO ALL THAT PARTICIPATED, KNOWN OR ANONYMOUS, PRESENT OR NOT, THANK YOU ALL!

And Monday, that Holiday at Happy Daze, Inc., known as The Corner, all heal from a LONG day of gracious 'GRACE' giving's.

***
Now, I'm gonna rush through some stuff, cause I just have to get it out. I will come-back and redo what needs re-done-ing and will reference back to here, in future posts. Like I said, it's a work in progress... And I gotta figure out some way to get that one stream... that illusive stream... the In-come Stream... that will not come IN! and stream...! If I had my druthers, I'd have the resources to make this what it should be... but, until that happens, we're just gonna have to do the best we can with what we got... Anyway:

***

Come Tuesday, Derrick gets on the phone to arrange the meet time with Sanda at Emerald Trails... and...

Well...

It turns to shit.

And SMASH! is having none of it!

He will SMASH SHIT!

Now, by this time, I'm on the road for the first-time in a long time since that illness, to get to a trade-show in Sandusky Ohio.

And the call comes in that everything has turned to shit.

I come to learn, via Derrick, via Sanda, that "the lady" sold it. "Sorry you lost you deposit, hurts me real bad." Sanda says, "she feel real bad 'bout the whole thing, but maybe you get you deposit back..."

Shit.

I am on the road, dealing with that shit, a million things coming at me a million miles an hour now turns in the matter of seconds to a billion miles an hour with this! Warp-Speed! OH SHIT!

And shit is about to get SMASH!ed because now this shit is everyone's shit, as it is their shit, too!

"Operation..." well... I'll skip that part... for now.

***

Here's what Smash! does once the dust from all that shit settled:
Derrick Smash March 1 at 5:36pm
anyways, you all already know that there was a major snafu in [operation airstream] - involving it getting sold just after I had told
them I'd see them last saturday to pay in full in cash. yadda yadda boohoo.
Anyways, Mary Lou (Steve's special lady friend) conveniently enough had an airstream in excellent condition sitting out in Ohio. She agreed to sell the airstream to Evan. Surely, she did not sell it to Evan for the amount of the check attached to this message, but one of the guys who owns Vortex, the company Evan's working for, is contributing the difference between the selling price and the price of the check attached.
The check image is attached to this message to have it on record that all the cash I had received from operation airstream did in fact go towards it...and you are all witnesses. Didn't send this to all too many people. You may notice a difference between the total amount I said we raised and the amount of this check - some people who heard about the falling through of the initial airstream dealing have retracted their donations so that their personal financing isn't so hurt in meantime. However, they did in fact say that they would recontribute it once we figured out the new plan. Due to the time restraints and our yearning to get this deal done and settled (and get Evan the fuck out of my house), we decided to proceed with purchase instead of re-contacting people and spending another week or three for check to clear, funds to be available, etc, etc. Anyways, that is the reasoning for the offset in raised amount and attached check amount. I didn't bleed any to myself.
In short, despite the short postponement of [operation airstream], we have completely recovered and Evan has found an airstream that in better/complete functioning order and already located in the geographic region where he conducts his business for Vortex. It all came out better in the end.
Thanks on Evan's Behalf,
derricksmash
ps) also, shoot Evan an email w/ you physical mailing address, as he seems to be trying to compile the full list so that he can personally thank you all. See his Facebook wall.

***

And again, Thank you all!

For it is here that I write this story... and it is here that it continues... in GRACE.

With a GRACE that was a gift, a treasure and a gem from each and every one of you, in your own unique and special way.

I have been moved beyond words.

And, there's still more to go... more posts to follow... Can you believe it?!

Yes, REALLY!!! Shit happens!

Cheers till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment