Friday, April 1

What a Life!

I have to take pause at all of the wonderful things that are happening to me as of late...

For this is my life. AND WHAT A LIFE IT IS!

This morning for example, I'm on the phone with a peer of mine, and we're going over some things in the de-pollution game, and he says' "Darn Rabbits! Their eating my tulips! Hold on...".

I'm laughing to myself here, because you see, this peer of mine is Dutch. He's also S. African. And the "tulip" reference is just too much! (Read "Botany of Desire", M. Pollen, or see the documentary...)

What plays out, blows my mind. I'm thinking, "What's up, Doc?" Is this the last great white S. African hunter?! Am I on a safari here?! I fantasize that it is... as I really want to go on a safari!

Now, also keep in mind, Chisaka Karima, from Lusaka, Zambia is back home right-now, visiting his mother who's ill. He invited me to join him, thinks I'd love it. But, I'm too poor, too afraid... and... Chisaka is a lot to handle. Anyway, the safari thing came up then in my mind, just as now, so...

My peer gets his air-riffle out, and I hear, "Pff!... click... pump, Puff!", "Got 'em!" he says. "I'd better go get 'em off the grass before the neighbors see this, they'd go bonkers!" I laugh. "That's the third one today!" and we get back to work...

Exchanges of emails, photos on a new product offering we're very excited about, and that the business itself, is really taking off!

And I get another email. This one is to a NY-Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/business/economy/01jobs.html?_r=1&hp

So I read it and here's my reply... as I just had to share: (It's the serendipitous serendipitating again!)

Wow, right?!

Here's what I got out of it:

"In" the matrix... the human condition is reduced to an "index". And the oddly disproportional concept that the creation of low paying-jobs only perpetuates the problem, was also very enlightening.

So, maybe, more and more people are going to be looking for alternative ways to survive... because somehow, within this system, the 'indexed' GET the indicium of being dex'd from within... just look-up the Latin root for dek-, and the legal def. of indicium to the plural, as I think people inherently know that this "index" is a subtle 'doing-of-language' which attempts to get them to accept, or take... ownership of such absurdities through the obscurities of words. 

To me, that means this Air-Stream life-style that I'm living, is a way to say ever so subtly, "nope. not me. I will not accept. I am not a child. this system is not my parent. I will find a way through this maze... i will not sub-scribe to this pre-scription, for what ails me is the poisoned position presented". There are alternatives, and I will not be sucked into this vortex. (LOL, don't you just love the play on words?!) I'm going to live in the clouds! (Again, google & salesforce & myERP... !!! I love this play on words...)

Hey, have ya seen my blog? http://mrestreaming.blogspot.com/

It's one way... which connects to: others' ways' and how this one (me), deals with it, differently.

An-other way of looking at it all is the "Row. row, row your boat, Gently down the Stream" approach. "Merrily, merrily... Life is but a dream." (Think I mentioned that in our drive through Ohio.)

A lot of families are doing what I am doing, (in much more style and comfort than I, with kids! and careers!), and embracing a new way of thinking, to gain some sense of independence from such an oppressive system, I suppose. A thinking outside of the box, if you will. A paradigm-shift in perspective.

And, my hope is, that by my story being in the STREAM, some others may find it and be moved to action to gain some of that independence back, that they taught us in school to believe as true. (At least that's how the American system was for me... Autonomy & Mobility is what made America great, And an autonomous & mobile person, is in an automobile. And even if that automobile is a bit less than ideal, as long as ya can keep her runnin, yur gonna move closer to that idealized dream, that American Dream. Except this time, quality of life will be salient. [Ref. to Jeremy Rifkin's, "The European Dream", ISBN: 1-58542-345-9]) And if you're as lucky as I, you can do it in one of the only DURABLE goodz ever produced in America... in an AIR-Stream! So, dare to dream... Why the fuck not!

Cheers


And that is the adventure that presented itself to me today. I hope you enjoyed it half as much as I.

Cheers, again.

2 comments:

  1. yes, the fact that our "official" poverty line is at $10k is pretty ridiculous, but an article claiming that it should be $30k is equally [if not more] ridiculous in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Perhaps "disenchanting" would have been a better word choice than "enlightening"... was trying to find a way to tie it into an alternative, and stay positive, all with the hopes of finding a way out of the maze. Think I did. Or I hope I did. Or i wish I did and thinking/hoping/wishing others can, too. It's as you say, ridiculous! And very sad... too.

    ReplyDelete